SV Pilgrim - 1979 Morgan 382 - Homeport: Beaufort, NC

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Stripping Down the Interior

While the winter weather continues to thwart our progress Anne and I have both rebounded from the flu.  I’m back to stripping down the interior in the pursuit of rewiring and re-plumbing Pilgrim.

Pilgrim's Original Electrical Panel
The electrical panel is gone.  The wiring was definitely original with previous owners finding creative methods of adding devices and circuits to the system.  I’m surprised that none of the original wiring from Morgan was tinned.  All of the wiring buses were located in a false bottom in the navigation table.  Clever, but I'm certain the space will be too small for the re-build.

Panel removed now onto the wiring
The process is daunting, but I am confident this is the best course of action.

Chasing down wiring has also lead me to remove some of the headliner.
 
Crumbling open cell foam that rained down from the headliner.
 I believe that some of these pieces have never been removed.  Removing some of the sections resulted in a shower of foul, old open cell foam material.  Yuck. 


It will be out with the old for at least another week.  Once all the old wiring and plumbing are gone we will then begin to install the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment